Hello, I'm Oli Hall (they/them). Currently based in Manchester, I'm passionate about climate change, decarbonisation, equality and the human condition. I try my best to be a good human, though often fall short.
Some of the things I fill my time with include:
- software – mostly backend/data engineering, though I've worn various hats
- climate action – the principal focus of much of my work over the last year or two
- research – deep dives into topics, often related to climate and decarbonisation
- art – mostly pencil and line work, but attempting to move to digital painting
- music – I play a selection of instruments with varying degrees of success, and consume music like the soul food it is
- powerlifting – currently at a 530kg total at 85kg BW
- baking – if it is bad for you and involves chocolate, I'm down to try and make it
- gaming – PC gaming mostly, but I'll try almost anything
I've worked in a few different tech startups across London, as a Software Engineer, Data Engineer and Team Lead. Startups being what they are, I've ended up being a bit of a Jack of all Trades (decent at a number of things, master of none ;)).
At the moment, I'm working on several projects relating to Climate Change:
- Forge the Future – a weekly climate newsletter going out to a few hundred fine folks every Wednesday, and a collection of climate-related resources and information on climate solutions.
- The Raven – a newsletter discussing the technological aspects of decarbonising aviation, and what the future of flight may look like in a net-zero world.
I'll hopefully update this as other projects come to fruition.
If you like what I do and would like to support me, feel free to buy me a coffee: